Residential & Commercial Landscape Maintenance
Big Guy Landscape provides all aspects of landscape maintenance, to keep your property manicured and beautiful.
Lawn Cutting Big Guy Landscape utilizes top notch Walker brand mowers. We completely mow and trim all grassy areas as well as place a vertical edge on all beds, patios, and walkways for a nice clean crisp look. All grass clippings created are bagged and removed from your property.
Fertilizing Each and every property is different. Therefore Big Guy Landscape can arrange for on-site -free- assessment that includes the following: Turf Density, Grass Variety, Thatch Depth, Shade, Apparent Insects, Weeds, Turf Diseases, Square Footage of Lawn. Based on the results, a customized program of fertilization, soil conditioning, weed and pest control will be devised for your property.
Core Aeration is the removal of small cores of soil to allow air, moisture, and fertilizer to penetrate the root zone. This is extremely essential to our lawns which typically have a lot of clay present in the soil. Core Aeration should be considered two times per season - once during the early summer months, and once during the fall. If you are going to aerate only once during the season, we recommend aerating in the fall. A third aeration will not hurt, it will only help.
Lawn Dethatching Controlling thatch is one of the most important - and most overlooked - parts of lawn care. Thatch is simply the layer of dead grass, roots, and debris that accumulates between the soil surface and the green grass blades above. Over time, it forms a thick mat, hindering water and air from reaching the soil and providing an environment that can encourage pests and diseases. Dethatching can help prevent these problems. Almost every lawn needs dethatching about once a year, or whenever the thatch reaches a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Big Guy Landscape utilizes both manual and power thatching methods to achieve the desired results.
TREE AND SHRUB SERVICES
Trimming, Pruning & Shaping Big Guy can trim and shape any shrub to meet your landscape’s ever changing needs. Our knowledgeable staff is experienced with all varieties of shrubs, to promote a healthy full plant.
Tree Services Big Guy Landscape facilitates services for every aspect of arboriculture.
- Proper Pruning of Trees
- Tree Removal and Disposal
- Disease and Pest Control
- Stump Grinding
- Brush Cutting
- Brush Removal
Seasonal Landscape Clean Ups
Spring Clean Up Consists of a complete clean-up of leaves and debris from lawn, and landscape, edging of planting beds in preparation for mulch application and planting. April and May is Spring cleanup time, usually starting late in the first week of April and running through May: depending on the weather.
Mulching Big Guy Landscape offers a wide variety of mulch colors and textures. We buy our mulch in bulk so we can pass the savings on to our customers. Whether you need your flower bed refreshed by our staff or you need a delivery of our product so you can do it yourself. Big Guy can suit all your needs. Big Guy Landscape utilizes Bark Mulch Blower that provides a finished painted on look to your mulch beds. Some customers still prefer their mulch to be spread by hand, whichever way you prefer Big Guy will provide a beautiful finished product.
Fall Clean Up Consists of a complete cleanup of leaves and debris from your property in preparation for the upcoming winter. Usually Fall clean ups start in mid-November when the majority of the leaves have fallen off of the trees.
Gutter Cleaning is available throughout the year, though most often during the spring and fall. We clear the roof and gutters of debris that collects throughout the year. We also blow out the downspouts with a fast, high-volume blast of air, clearing out any debris that may be stuck.
Big Guy Landscape offers programs geared towards the maintenance of your existing irrigation system.
- Spring Irrigation Turn On is a complex process to ensure irrigation systems are working correctly. The process includes checking proper coverage of the property, checking for leaks throughout the system, and setting the systems run times for the current weather conditions.
- Mid-Season Check Up is typically performed in August and consists of a visit to your property to ensure your system is running properly, assess the system for repairs and adjust the timer depending on the current weather patterns.
- Fall Irrigation Turn Off consists of a step by step process in which Big Guy Landscape visits the property to fully winterize the Irrigation system in order to properly survive the cold winter months ahead.
The process consists of:
- Turn off the outside water supply from the inside of the house
- Turn the valves of the back-flow system to half off / half open.
- Hook up the large compressor to the now open backflow system
- Systematically turn on each respective irrigation zone and blow out the water lines and sprinkler heads.
- Unplug the control box and pull out the back-up battery if applicable.